If you are looking for a quick and to the point workout to kick start your day, look no further than Tabata!
Tabata is a 16-minute intense interval training routine. Four exercises are used; each exercise is performed for 20 seconds of activity at full effort with 10-second rest periods (8 sets) consecutively for a 4-minute duration. All you need is a stopwatch and a mat.
After a 4-minute comprehensive warm-up try one of these Tabata circuits
Tabata Circuit 1 – cardio:
- Jumping jacks/skipping or high knees
- Speed squat – hands behind head, squat up and down as fast as you can
- Split lunge- alternating leg lunges with a jump – modification: walking lunges
- Mountain climber – knee into chest – modification: leap frog
Tabata Circuit 2 – upper body strength/core:
- Moving plank – prone plank to plank on elbows and back up, and back down…
- Tricep dips
- Bicycle crunches – done from tabletop position
Written by Keri Cawthorne and featured on Pretty Hard Work